Buyside is hiring a Director of Engineering to manage software development, delivery and maintenance. As Director of Engineering you will be an integral part of our engineering team, serving as a key contributor in the delivery of sophisticated, enterprise class software solutions to solve business challenges. You will be working with key stakeholders from the product and business teams as well as software developers to ensure proper delivery. This role requires a thorough knowledge of applicable languages, advanced design principles, engineering best practices, and advanced architectural patterns.
Your main responsibilities are to provide technical leadership, direction, mentoring, coaching and guidance based on your experience in delivering high-quality software and SaaS solutions.
In this role, you will lead multiple software development teams in their day to day activities, drive project planning, resource assignment and capacity management, scheduling and tracking, and drive excellence in delivery for the organization. You must be self-driven, with a strong understanding of project management, the Software Development Lifecycle and have strong technical and leadership skills. You must be able to balance the desire for system “elegance” against the needs for rapid delivery.
Your Focus Will Be:
- Manage software development, QA and DevOps personnel to create new products and maintain existing applications
- Understand the load on each team and help manage the team workload
- Manage resources to meet project plans, and schedule requirements
- Forecast resource needs based on known initiatives and assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of software engineers
- Identify and deploy software development best practices including agile, continuous integration and devops
- Mentor and develop the skills and experience of team members
- Manage remote contractors and staff in multiple time zones
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain coding standards and practices, including conducting code reviews and the use of code quality automated tools
- Enforce compliance software design principles, scalability, performance, and usability requirements
- Provide oversight of Buyside SaaS products and services
- Cultivate a high performing engineering team culture to meet and exceed key engineering success metrics, which include a people success metric
- Work closely with product owners and business leadership to prioritize stories, create estimates, schedule sprints, and deliver on time
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science in computer science is highly desired for this role or highly demonstrable experience in performing software development, and design work
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or an advanced degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of systems development life cycle and/or operational maintenance environment. Experience with software development using Agile methods
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams, including contractors.
- Ability to develop project cost and benefit estimates, including identification and evaluation of alternatives
- Deep understanding and a passion for delivering high quality software tools and features. Ability to instill performance, quality, and delivery mindset within the team
- Strong interpersonal skills working with business and technical teams
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving ability
- Ability to provide clear direction, performance management, identify developmental needs and to supply coaching and counseling to employees.
- Strong time/project management and organization skills.
- Ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to set and manage competing priorities
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Strong writing abilities with user requirements, use cases and user stories
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and other software development and documentation tools
- Saas product delivery and growth experience a significant plus
- Real estate data and software development experience highly desired
Buyside is a data science & marketing company on a mission to help real estate brokerages profit from their largest untapped asset: big data. Buyside works by capturing a broker’s buyer data in real time, transforming it into actionable insights and intelligent marketing tools that generate new seller leads, win more listings, and close more transaction sides in house.
Send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org